SUPERCentral is an independent online platform provider of SMSFs, advice, legal documentation and wealth management services to accounting and financial planning firms throughout Australia.
Superannuation Statistics 31 December 2017
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) has released its latest quarterly superannuation statistics report. The quarterly statistics relate to the December 2017 quarter.
Highlights include the following key findings:
- total superannuation assets as at 31 December 2017 estimated to be $2,614 billion (an increase of 10.1% over the previous 12 months)
- total SMSF assets as at 31 December 2017 estimated to be $721 billion (an increase of 7.5%)
- total SMSF represent 27.6% of all super assets as at 31 December 2017
- in the 12 months to 31 December 2017, industry funds have grown by $100b, self managed super funds have grown by $50b and retail funds have grown by $44b
- if current growth trends continue (and there are no changes in the current policy settings) for the next two years, it seems that industry funds and SMSFs will each total $900b by 31 December 2019 and retail funds will be $750b by that date
- again, if current growth trends continue (and there are no changes in the current policy settings), industry funds should reach $1,000b by 31 December 2020 and SMSFs will reach $1,000b by 31 December 2021.
You might also like ...
- The next 2 months may be the last golden opportunity for LRBA
- There's never been a more important time to streamline your deed process, with the focus on compliance at an all-time high
- Find out how your practice can lead the way in building family legacies
- Superannuation Statistics 31 December 2017
- 2018/19 Super Thresholds