SUPERCentral is an independent online platform provider of SMSFs, advice, legal documentation and wealth management services to accounting and financial planning firms throughout Australia.
The trifecta of government super changes - Your Future, Your Super changes also passed
To complete the government’s super trifecta of Super Bills which have been accepted by the Senate, the Treasury Laws Amendment (Your Future, Your Super) Bill 2021 has been passed by the Senate – but with two significant changes.
The first change is that provisions to avoid employees having multiple super accounts arising from previous employer SG contributions – the stapled fund changes – will now commence from 1 November 2021 rather than the previously proposed 1 July 2021. This means that the stapled fund changes will only apply to an individual if they commence new employment on or after 1 November 2021.
The application of the Your Future, Your Super changes to self managed superannuation funds will be considered in the next issue of SC News.
For any further information regarding this article please call SUPERCentral on 02 8296 6266 or email email@example.com.
You might also like ...
- Minimum pension drawdown relief extended to the 2021/22 financial year
- The trifecta of government super changes - Your Future, Your Super changes also passed
- More Flexible Superannuation Bill - passed with benefits
- Six member SMSFs finally arrive
- Not too close but not too far - SMSFs transacting with former spouse, cousins or friends